Do you have a nosebleed that just won’t seem to go away? Does you notice blood in your tissue almost every time you blow your nose? Do you wake up and blow your nose only to find traces of blood in the tissue?
If you are suffering from chronic nosebleeds, you are not alone. Many people suffer from chronic nosebleeds.
Why do People Suffer from Chronic Nosebleeds?
There are several reasons, including:
- facial trauma
- repeated nose blowing
- changes in weather (changes in hot and cold outdoor temperatures)
- dry air (i.e. sleeping in a room where you breathe in dry air all night)
- sinus infections
No matter which reason pertains to your case, nosebleeds are not a fun thing to experience— especially when they happen day in and day out.
Types of Treatment for Nosebleeds
In many cases, you can treat nosebleeds on your own without the need for medical intervention. If you or a loved one experiences a nosebleed, here are the steps to take:
- Lean the person’s head forward.
- Pinch the nostrils together for approximately 10 minutes.
- After the ten-minute mark, the bleeding should stop.
- Once you notice that the bleeding has stopped, the person should refrain from sneezing or blowing his or her nose for the next 24 hours.
Performing these steps should help stop common, infrequent nosebleeds.
However, in cases where at-home nosebleed treatment is not enough (or is not working), call Northeast Atlanta ENT to schedule an appointment. We can help pinpoint the underlying cause to determine treatment options.
If the above steps do not work, it is important to call us immediately so you can prevent further, more serious complications from arising.
If we determine that the underlying causes cannot be handled with common treatment, we may recommend more invasive treatment. Such treatment options can include cauterization (to prevent future nosebleeds).
Ways to Prevent Future Nosebleeds
There are a few preventive measures you can take on your own to prevent the occurrence of future nosebleeds. These methods can help minimize the frequency of nosebleeds.
You can try any of these solutions, depending on your symptoms and underlying nosebleed causes:
- Try using saline nose drops. You can buy these over-the-counter at your local pharmacy. Follow the directions on the package viagra generika apotheke.
- Use a humidifier or a vaporizer in the most frequently used rooms in your home, especially in your bedroom. You may be very surprised at how effective this can be when using on a routine basis!
- Avoid habits that may trigger nosebleeds, such as nose picking, nasal trauma, and other activities involving the nose.
Our ENT doctors want you to know that you do not have to suffer from chronic nosebleeds any longer.
Our ENT doctors are here to help you! To schedule an appointment, find our office nearest you here, and give us a call today. We treat patients in Lawrenceville, Johns Creek, and the surrounding areas and welcome the opportunity to help you solve your nose bleed problems.